Oh what a fun Thanksgiving last year was. To ponder on our little girl. To look at her face over and over..
I spent a lot of time searching for information about her SWI (Social Welfare Institute). I became a member of the Yahoo group for her orphanage. I could see photos of the buildings and of kids that had been adopted from the same place.
I researched the area. I even tried to Google Earth the SWI but could not really find it.
Through the searching on the internet (really God provided) a connection of another family that had received a referral on Thanksgiving day for a little girl from the same orphanage. Because of their paperwork being further along, it looked like they would travel before us. Oh, someone would possibly get to see our baby and give us updates and photos prior to us traveling. Wow---such a small world--
God is in the details!! so cool..
Then there was the forum for adopting families on our agency website that really was a gift to me. Some precious friends for life and eternity have been made thru the boards. I started following their blogs. I really was able to know about the steps in the adoption and the China trip via these blogs!!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment